Here is everything we know about Google Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL
– The Google Pixel was the Android smartphone to beat last year, and Google is looking to capitalize on that success.
– As we get closer to the expected October-4 launch of the Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL, rumors ramping up.
– LG has built one of the phones for Google, and HTC may be behind second smaller counterpart.
Software and specification:
– Last year when Google debuted the Pixel and Pixel XL, it launched them with Android 7.1 Nougat.
– Google’s new Pixel smartphones are expected to run Android 8.0 Oreo, the latest version of Google’s operating system.
– The newest version of Google Camera – the camera app that ships on Nexus and Pixel smartphones – references two previously announces features: “face retouching” and “motion photo”.
– Pixel 2 XL appears to show a Google search bar below the home screen’s app dock. Also new a completely transparent navigation bar, and a “daily briefing” widget that shows the current weather, temperature, and the next appointment in your agenda.
– Google lens, a feature first demoed at Google’s 2017 I/O developer conference. It’s powered by the Google Assistant, Google’s cloud intelligence platform, and it taps AI to identify books, DVD covers, architectural landmarks and more.
– Leaks points to the handsets coming with a Snapdragon 835 chipset, 4GB RAM, 64/128GB of storage, and a Nexus imprint fingerprint sensor at the rear.
– The smaller Pixel will feature a 5-inch 16:9 Full HD display and the larger Pixel 2 XL will 6-inch OLED QHD+ 18:9 display.
Squeeze-able frame, No Headphone Jack:
– Similar to HTC’s 11, the Pixel 2 XL will feature squeezable side frames.
– Google will presumably allow user to launch Google Assistant by simply the frame of the device, though the action can likely be customized to open the camera app or any other app of your choice.
– After mocking the iPhone 7 last year the lack of a headline jack, Google is now ditching it with its second generation Pixel handsets as well.
– Both , the Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL will lack a 3.5mm headphone jack, with Google building a USB-C to headphone adapter to make the transition easier for Pixel owners.
Price and Availability:
– Last year, Google announced the Pixel, along with a slew of hardware products, at an event in San Francisco on October 4. It looks like the company has chosen the same date for another announcement, likely for the second-generation Pixel.
– The 64GB Pixel 2 is rumored to start at $649, while the 128GB variant will carry a price tag of $749.
– The larger Pixel 2 XL will be even more expensive with the 64GB and 128GB coming at $849 and $949, respectively.
– Google will start accepting pre-orders for the Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL soon after October 4 event and then launch the device staggered fashion.
– The Pixel 2 will first go on sale from October 19, while Pixel 2 XL will go in sale from November 15.