– Microsoft has equity unveiled a new “Modern Mouse” and “Modern Keyboard” with an integrated fingerprint reader, its next generation of window 10 input devices that match the latest surface models in design and finish.
– Much like Apple’s keyboard, the new model has “chiclet”- style keys and aluminium frame that’s heavy and “virtually indestructible”, Microsoft says.
– The most interesting feature is a hidden fingerprint sensor located between the Alt and Ctrl keys so it won`t interface with the typing experience.
– The new modern keyboard will work with Window 10, MacOS, and the latest version of Android.
– The keyboard, in a silver and grey finish, works either wired or via Bluetooth 4.0. with automatic pairing out of the box when you first connect the cable.
– It uses rechargeable battery and is compatible with Window 8-10, Window 10 Phone, Android and macOS, as long as the device support Bluetooth 4.0 or higher.
– Naturally, Microsoft promises it will work particularly well with its new Window 10 Surface Studio, Pro and Laptop devices.
– As for Modern Mouse, it really looks a lot better than past models, with a smooth, rounded aesthetic, nearly invisible buttons and a metal scroll wheel.
– It also uses Bluetooth 4.0, and Microsoft promises “exceptional precision”, though it didn’t revel an exact PPI rating.
– The Modern Mouse costs $50 and Modern Keyboard is $130, and both devices are Coming soon.
Microsoft also committed to biometrics
– So with the new pattern called “Keyset Fingerprint Sensor”, the tech giant Microsoft could be working to integrate a fingerprint sensor into the keys of our keyboard.
– This fingerprint recognition can be accomplished with the help of ultrasonic imaging technology working beyond 500 microns to correct some current drawbacks related to these sensors.
– In truth, these can normally be connected through a USB port of the computer, although they are somewhat difficult to manage for users.
– However, what the tech giant Microsoft intends is that this security system already comes included in a element as usual as the keyboard of our computers, therefore much more comfortable and versatile system for everyone, both manufacturers and users.