Apple allow developer to offer new apps for pre-order on the App Store
Apple updated its iTunes Connect to publicise there new feature, which is available for all apple platforms.
– Now you can make your apps available for pre-order on all apple platforms.
– Developers can put their app up for pre-order on the App Store up to three months prior to actual release. This functionality allow users to browse app pages and order app before an it’s releases for download.
– Once your app is released, user will be notified and your app will automatically download to their device. For paid apps, users will be charged before download.
Setting up app pre-order is a easy process accessed through the iTune Connect homepage.
(1) Click My Apps, select the app & select Pricing and Availability in the left column. You’ll see the Pre-Order section if your app has never been published on the App Store.
(2) Select make available for pre-order, choose a date to release your app for download, then click Save. The release date between two and 90 days in future.
(3) Submit your app for review.
(4) Once your app is approved and you’re ready to make it available for pre-order, return to Pricing and Availability, confirm the date your app will be released for download and click release as pre-Order in the upper-right corner.
– You can submit new version of the app or change final pricing during pre-order period, users will be charged the price that is lower the price they accepted for pre-order or the price on the day of release.
– Developer can set up in-app purchases during the pre-order period, but not display on your App Store product page until your app is released for download.